Community life is of critical importance for Baha’is. We hold many types of events and gatherings on a regular basis. They include:
- Children’s classes – Weekly children’s classes are designed to develop moral capacities in our children for their own happiness and service to the society.
- Junior youth and youth classes – These classes aim to assist young people, as they grow into adolescence, to develop their spiritual qualities, virtues, their intellectual capabilities, and their capacities for service to society.
- Sunday School – Formal Sunday School is held at the San Jose Baha’i Center.
- Devotionals – At Baha’i devotionals individuals read prayers and scripture from the Baha’i Faith and other religions and meditate upon them.
- Study Circles – These classes help the participants to achieve a deeper understanding of spiritual concepts including our purpose in this world, and provide a path of service for the betterment of society.
- Service Projects – Various service project opportunities are available, including our once-a-month highway cleanup. Members from our community get together one Saturday per month and help cleanup a stretch of Highways 280 and 85.
- Celebrations and other occasional events – in addition to the regular events above we hold celebrations commemorating historical events of the Baha’i Faith as well as the Baha’i Fast and New Year.
We welcome you to join us in an upcoming event. Please use the form below to let us know your contact information and your interests.